A 5yr. sales decline at Choice Pet Supply, a 30+ yr. old pet supply chain required a hands-on CMO to ignite a turnaround. As interim CMO, Valerie Oben created and implemented this 13 store chain’s first marketing plan to revitalize the brand and be found online and off. In a 16mo. period, executing a multi-channel strategy which included digital, social, mobile, direct mail and print we achieved:
- An 8% increase in same store sales, while maintaining profit margins,
- Acquired over 600 new customers,
- Won-back of over 3,000 lapsed customers,
- Increased web site unique visits by 185%, page views by 197%, and decreased bounce rate by 4%
- Added 25,000 active contacts to email database
- Opened 5 new stores profitably, to grow the chain to 18 stores by year-end 2014.