Case Study | Integrated Marketing
MasterCard International | MasterCard Advisors
Launch a new, fee-based consulting and information services practice, within the MasterCard payment services company. A successful launch required insights into client and prospect receptivity, and market share potential. The new business also needed an identity that leveraged the equity of the MasterCard brand, but did not dilute that equity.
Field a global positioning study to determine the positive, negative and neutral value of the MasterCard International Brand name and logo and its potential association with the new MasterCard Advisors brand among key target segments.
- Use the research study findings to develop an effective brand identity, positioning and value proposition for the Advisor’s business unit.
- Develop a launch presentation to articulate the strategy to internal MasterCard International stakeholders.
- Work hands-on with internal and external resources to execute the global research study, use the findings to create the brand identity, positioning, and preliminary share and profitability estimates.
Solution and Results:
- Developed project plan, milestones, budget estimate and executed RFP’s to hire research and design resources.
- Managed all phases of the project for MasterCard Advisors. In the case of the research study this included a 10 market pilot study and a 23 market global study of over 750 interviews across five continents. In the case of the branding assignment this work included supporting data collection, analysis, brand strategy definition and creative development.
- Prepared numerous internal presentations to communicate progress on milestones, obtain stakeholder consensus and keep project on schedule and budget.
- MasterCard Advisors was successfully launched with a branding campaign in paid media and an industry-wide public relations effort and to date, has grown into a billion dollar fee-based consultancy.
View more Integrated Marketing Case Studies by Foxboro Consulting.