Establish a new brand and launch a website from the Harrisburg Patriot News, in a local geographic market that was already saturated with print media and underdeveloped in internet usage with a limited budget and short time period.
- Develop a new brand identity and positioning for Pennlive.com as the information, entertainment, sports and online classified resource for the community.
- Develop a cost-effective integrated marketing plan that focused on educating the market on the sites benefits and demonstrated value to the community.
- Develop co-marketing alliances with local sports, entertainment, civic and media properties to rapidly generate awareness and trial of the site.
- Implement a multi-channel media plan which combined new and traditional media including online, print, radio, TV and local event presence in key regional venues.
Solution and Results:
- Developed signature brand which is still used today, and multiple print, radio, and television ads as well as online banners.
- Each strategic partner contributed awareness driving media, trail stimulating promotional values such as sports and entertainment tickets, and on-site event presence for PennLive.com to drive online traffic, and local event participation.
- Each pnline promotion, celebrity chat and event was designed to contain a business to business element and business to consumer element, and create value-added impressions for co-marketing partners.
- The plan successfully achieved brand awareness levels in excess of 85% against key demographics over a 12 week period and exceeded all site usage forecasts from launch in Q3 through the end of the year.
View more Integrated Marketing Case Studies by Foxboro Consulting.