Case Study | Promotion
Comcast – Professional Bull Riding
Develop a promotion for Comcast’s Outdoor Life Network Professional Bull Riding seasonal programming that could:
• secure high MSO (cable operator) participation,
• afford MSOs opportunities to secure increased commitments from local advertisers, and
• achieve high audience viewership to support national sponsor, Ford Motor Company’s, audience goals.
Network coverage included a series of regional Bull Riding competitions that led to live coverage of the World Series Championship in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Create high visibility, local sweepstakes ticket giveaways for each market entered in-market, that MSO’s could leverage with local advertisers.
Create a national online sweepstakes with high value prize structure that included a VIP winner’s experience with Comcast, celebrity bull riders and stars at the championship in Las Vegas, including all travel, accommodations, celebrity interaction, event attendance, and several other features.
Solution and Results:
Foxboro created the Wild Ticket Giveaway for Outdoor Life Network, including:
• Design and execution of all creative, copy, rules and regulations for fifteen versions of the in-market Wild Ticket Giveaway sweepstakes,
• Print production and distribution of 15 variations of the in-markets sweepstakes merchandising kit containing advertising, point of sale merchandising, sweepstakes entry boxes, and state compliant rules and administration procedures.
• Created national Wild Ticket Giveaway online sweepstakes including copy, rules, entry forms and navigation.
• Provided turn-key administration of both the national championship sweepstakes and all regional sweepstakes, including tracking, participation and results reporting, winner selections and validations, and awarding of all prizes.
The Wild Ticket Giveaway earned a C-Tam Cable industry award for integrated online promotion based on record breaking MSO participation and quarterly audience tune-in for the network.