USI is one of the eighth largest insurance brokerage firms in the US, whose recent growth had been accelerated through acquisitions.
- To unify the national broker sales force, which had been cobbled together through acquisitions.
- To create a means for company knowledge, expertise and talent to be identified and shared across the many company branch offices.
- To expedite the development of more professional, targeted presentations and proposals utilizing company intellectual capital, and experts.
Create a robust interactive site that could serve as repository for intellectual capital and industry date, a forum for knowledge exchange, collaboration and instant communication and a sophisticated research tool.
Solution and Results:
- Project managed the design and implementation of a custom, MS SharePoint site with specialization in ten industries, data feeds from Factiva, First Research and Lexus/Nexus, special communication, collaboration and research features, and a repository of company intellectual capital.
- Worked with internal IT team and external development vendors on design, navigation, page layouts and data feed security issues.
- Wrote and loaded industry content, managed all aspects of site implementation, testing and launch.
- Within the first week of launch USI specialists from around the country found each other, collaborated and won proposals in the Gaming and Health Care industries.
- At year-end the collaboration site was credited with reducing presentation and proposal prep time by several days, and significantly improving inquiry to close ratios across all practices.